Sunday, December 5, 2010

coloring


I've started coloring now, and it's a bizarre process. Coloring is boring and tedious, and the main problem is that I know enough to know that I don't really know what I'm doing. I have a vague idea of what colors I want to use, and even less of an idea of how shadows work. So I muddle through at a pace of about two pages of coloring a day. I'd rather be writing or drawing.

Colors make a very real difference, mainly because I drew the comic with colors in mind. For example, here the heroes have entered an inn/tavern.


That looks alright, but as usual, it seems like I had trouble deciding on intriguing angles or a complex background design.



Looks pretty flat. But when you add the intended color, those lines in the background attain their true purpose.



When you pull back, the whole scene becomes richer.



The color really makes the scene, but it's a pain to put in there because I feel like someone else could do a better job. and do it more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment