Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pacing Problems


I stepped away from the comic for a few days. When I came back I noticed a pacing problem. Things started out fine at four panels per page. Nice, relaxed, calm. Room to breath.


The last page I'd drawn before leaving, though?



That's nine panels. Yikes. Much too fast. Short, quick panels should be for comedic or action moments set around punchlines and impacts, not for the introduction of a major character. Part of the problem was that I was drawing at a size larger than the comic will be reproduced at, and I just forgot that this will all be smaller in the end.

I slowed the pace up in the following pages. I don't know how to fit the amount of story I want into the number of pages I am aiming for, but there's only one way to learn.

-10 pages penciled/inked

No comments:

Post a Comment